Adoption Policies and Application
This questionnaire was designed to help us evaluate potential adopters. Critters 4 U Rescue Inc. wants to ensure that the adopting family feels they are able to handle the great responsibilities that come with adopting an animal. Pet adoptions can place physical, mental, and financial burdens on a household and we want to be sure that your family understands and is prepared to deal with these extremely important issues. Adoption is not first come-first serve. We adopt our animals to the best home based on the information you provide.
- Adoption Fee: Which helps cover veterinary expenses, daily care expenses, etc. All adoption fees go back into the rescue to help other animals in need
- Proof of home ownership or rental agreement stating pets are allowed
- Adoption Application, Home Visit, and Adoption Contract required prior to adoption.
- Owner must be at least 18 years of age
- Owner will comply with all Virginia animal license and rabies requierments and will maintain the animal in a healthy manner.
- Owner will keep the animal as a strickly-indoors pet and not allow him/her to run outside at large in violation of local animal control ordinances. Dogs are allowed to be outside but not kept strictly outdoors.
- Owner will accept the animal in his/her current condition with all his/her personal faults. Owner will also acknowledge that once the adoption process is complete, Critters 4 U Rescue Inc. has no further responsability to the owner or any other party for the condition of those faults.
- Owner will agree to keep the animal as a personal pet in their possession and will not give him/her away to anyone escept back to Critters 4 U rescue Inc.
- Owner will agree that the animal will at no time be used in any form of medical experiment or research, or any form of cultural or social ritual or practice in which the animal is in any way harmed, threatened or subject to deprivation of any kind.
- In the event the owner becomes unable or unwilling to keep or properly care for the animal, the owner will agree to return the animal to Critters 4 U Rescue Inc.
- If the animal becomes sick, disappears or dies within (3) months, owner will agree to notify Critters 4 U Rescue Inc.
- Owner WILL NOT have the cat declawed or any other inhumane procedure performed on pet.
- Owner understands that the animal has been rescued and his/her complete medical condition and behavioral history is generally not known to Critters 4 U Rescue Inc. Every resonable effort has been made to ascertain the animal's good health, but not every condition or disease can be ruled out. Owner will agree to accept this animal in his/her current state adn apparent good health and will assume responsibility for the care and medical treatment of any and all symptoms, illnesses and injuries at any time during which the animal is in the owner's custody.
- Owner will agree that Critters 4 U Rescue Inc reserves the right and will exercise, at their discretion, the ability to reclaim the animal if there is a reason to believe the home is not fit or the terms of the adoption are not being carried out, Owner further agrees to allow Critters 4 U Rescue Inc on to the owner's property where the animal is kept for the purpose of retrieving it under these conditions.
- Owner will agree to these terms and others that are set forth ina legally binding adotion agreement.
- OWNER WILL HAVE A CRATE/COLLAR/NAME TAG WITH PHONE NUMBER, AS WELL AS FOOD DOG/PUPPY IS USED TO EATING AT TIME OF HOME VISIT.
- OWNER WILL HAVE LITTERBOX, LITTER, AND FOOD KITTY IS USED TO EATING TO ADOPT AS WELL AS CARRIER TO TAKE KITTY HOME
Covered with Adoption Fee:
- Earmite Treatment (if necessary)
- Dewormings as vet directed
- Nail trim, bathing, ear cleaning as needed.
- Flea treatment/prevention with advantage/frontline/revolution
- Spayed or Neutered if over 6 months
- Vet Checked and vaccines as age appropriate
- Vet care/treatment as needed while in my rescue
- Puppies/dogs are started on basic obediance and housebreaking/crate training
- Kittens/cats are litterbox trained